1) Update: Ellie can totally handle milk now! I don't understand how something can make a person barf for hours, can suddenly six months later be totally fine. Oh, well.
2) Bud and Owen went up to my brothers property to help build a cabin and camp. He took 1/3 of the kids, but only 1/8 of the work. ( don't as how long I spent deciding if I should use fractions or percentages, and what exact fraction of the work Owen actually entails) Maddie and I have had some nice one on one time. Mom took Ellie for a few hours so Maddie and I could shop and go to lunch. We also did a girl movie night with no boy movies. She has not seemed to miss the guys at all. When we were shopping at Target we got lunch at the snack bar. Maddie was a wreck because she was very hungry. The water was too cold, the chair was to far and the napkin wasn't folded in half. You can see how upsetting this is, right? So I told her that she was falling apart because she was hungry. At that point she clenched her fists and teeth and shrieked " I AM NOT FALLING APART!" Bwahhaaahaaa. The lady behind me burst into laughter. Three minutes after starting to eat lunch she was back to normal.
3) Bud and I are watching the first season of a show, maybe you heard of it?? West Wing?? It's awkward because I keep saying to Bud, " I think this is going to be a really good show." Well, duh, that's why it was on so long! Also there is no one to discuss it with because, Hello, 1999. Anyway, I like the show.
4) We leave later in the week to go to Disneyland. It will be the first time for the kids and I am really excited. We are having Ellie stay with my mom, otherwise one of us would have to sit out all the rides. I will miss her.
5) Ellie is finally starting to walk! Surely she is a protege. People always ask when babies are around 10 months if they are walking yet. I think babies who walk before 12 months are like unicorns. You hear about them but I don't think they exist in my family. Owen was over 14 months, Maddie was just after her first birthday and Ellie is getting close to 15 months. They get their superior physical skill from me.
6) Thank you all for your very supportive comments on my last post. It's nice to get non-teacher feelings and see that they are the same. It's encouraging that most parents are not crazy.