Monday, October 19, 2009

Work? What Work?

Blah, what a week, last week. Maddie has the fever on Tuesday and Wednesday. I stayed home with her on Tuesday and Bud took Wednesday. We got back to normal on Thursday, and Owen woke up at 5:00 am on Friday with a fever. So I was my turn again.

I hate missing work, it is more work to be gone than to be there. I took Owen in with me on Friday morning so I could put out lesson plans. My students get behind and it interrupts my flow. Parents start to get snippy if you are gone. We usually end up missing about 4 days each per year. Bud had a parent get all over him last year when he took off two days when Ellie was born. She sent nasty emails asking why it was ok for him to miss, but her daughter was penalized (make up work) if she was gone. Hmmmm, what could be the difference?

We are just hoping to keep Ellie from getting it, we have become obsessive hand-washers around here. I feel like I am scrubbing in every time I pick her up. But she makes it worth your while.

3 comments:

Swistle said...

Ack, I cannot BELIEVE that parent! What a dim!

melissa said...

I would SO rather go to work than to write sub plans. If parents knew the effort that it takes to be out sick (either due to your own illness or your child's) they would know teachers get penalized too!

Joanne said...

Ooh she is getting so big! I'm sorry you have sick ones, I hope no one else gets it! Hang in there.