Saturday, July 7, 2012

Just the two of us

Bud and the two older kids are away for a week.  Which leaves just me and Ellie, I am using this time to potty train her.  The other two kids were very easy, we just left them alone and around three they just started asking to use the toilet.  Ellie is not as easy.  So I finally resorted to a combination of sticker chart, chocolate and pretty panties as a reward.  Still no luck, but then we did exchanging stickers from the chart for nail painting.  And bada bing, that was the key.  So far in the last 24 hours, one accident and seven successful potty excursions.  So there ya go, every kid is a freak, you just need to figure out what kind of freak.  Although we have now painted everything, so we will see.  At least it is a start.

It is weird having the two of us here.  I should be enjoying it, but I can't sleep when Bud isn't here.  I go to bed at midnight and lay there for awhile, then wake up every hour or so.  I will be glad to see him and hopefully sleep well.  They are having a blast up in Montana.  It started as a trip for Owen to go see my dad and run around waving sticks.  Maddie was disappointed, so Owen went up then 5 days later Bud and Maddie went.  I think it is good for the kids to get to run around and get dirty without me nagging them about not ruining their clothes or getting hurt.  You need to get away from mom sometimes. 

Well, time to hit the potty again! 

1 comment:

Joanne said...

They are all freaks, right? With Maria it was apple juice and with Veronica it was candy. Neither of them cared about any underwear, to my great disappointment. I'm glad Ellie is doing well! I'm rarely alone with my kids anymore, I think it sounds great, but I'm sorry for the not sleeping.