Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Happy New Year! We spent a nice quiet evening at home, this has become our tradition, because we are also celebrating when we first met.

I don't usually do resolutions but I decided I would make a few this year. Some of the reasoning behind this I will write about soon.

1) Bud and I will socialize in some fashion at least once a month. This should ideally include non-family people. We used to have a large circle of friends, but one couple moved, another couple divorced and there was a lot of drama, and the rest just drifted away. We do have other friends, but we haven't made the time to hang with them much. So I will invite people here for dinner, or we will meet at a restaurant. I am assuming some of these people will probably invite us over so I won't have to do all the entertaining.

2) I will not micro-manage my children's craft projects. Christmas ornaments made by the children should actually be made by the children, without me telling them what colors to use, or where to put the colors. (or even worse me taking the ornaments and "helping" them)

3) I will buy a bike and learn to ride the damn thing. This terrifies me. I was never good at riding a bike as a kid. I ran into the mailbox and bruised my girly parts pretty badly on the bar, I ran into a fence (I don't know how), and once tied the dog to the handle bars and went for a ride. That was not one of my better plans. But as the kids get older I would like us to go on bike rides together. I don't want to be the mom staying at home while Bud is out with the kids. I don't want my girls growing up with that as an example. So I will swallow my fear, and my pride.

I will post pictures of the scabs!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Those are some pretty good (and rewarding to follow through with!) resolutions!