Monday, February 1, 2010

First Day Jitters

I started gathering my quilting supplies tonight. I can't believe all the stuff I have had to buy for this class. I am taking a basic class tomorrow night, it is just a 2.5 hour session. The actual class is on Wednesday.


On Saturday I met my SIL Vicki at the fabric store to pick out some more stuff on the equipment list and get the fabric. I am getting all the equipment in dribs and drabs so I can use the 50% off coupons in the paper. Anyway, we spent 2.5 hours trying to find the fabric we wanted. We need a total of five fabrics, one for the back, one background and then the three main fabrics. We kept finding 2 that looked great, but finding a third to coordinate was a nightmare. These are the three I went with:

I love purple, and Maddie's favorite color is also purple. If it turns out ok, she can use it in her room. I really like the paisley, it is a bit out of my usual range, but I think that is what I like about it.

The last few weeks have been busy. My dad is coming to town later this week, and we have been busy with our after school activity. It is like a qu!z bowl competition team, and we have been involved in our playoff matches. We are in the championship match this week on top of me having two quilting classes. We are also trying to get to the school play this week, we have heard good things and we both have a lot of students involved. Oh well, it seems every week is hectic and I should just get used to it, and stop complaining.

No comments: