Sunday, April 18, 2010

Freezer Fail

Mom just called to tell me her freezer stopped working. She isn't sure when, but everything is warm, including 50 bags of breastmilk I was storing there. I keep crying about it, I know I have to just suck it up, but damn. Since I was sick last week my supply has gone to hell, so I have been supplementing with a frozen bottle once a day, along with the usual bottles to day care. Then I was pumping before bed to try to get the supply up a bit. Then my power cord for my pump died, and we haven't been able to get a replacement* yet. We have enough to get through her birthday, but with the dairy allergy I wanted her to have enough for her cereal for awhile. I think it would help if I knew she would be fine with dairy. Once she weans, that will be the end of milk for her, unless she outgrows the allergy. I just picture her whole life without milk, and the only milk she could have was ruined.

*I know you can get the power cord on amazon, but it quit on Wednesday. I didn't want to wait for it to be shipped, figuring we could find some other adapter at radio shack. It is now Sunday and I still haven't found one. Amazon is laughing at me.

4 comments:

Mary O said...

Oh no. :(

melissa said...

Wow! What a rough week. When people say "Don't cry over spilt milk" they are NOT talking about breastmilk. That stuff is way more valuable!

Swistle said...

Oh CRAP.

Joanne said...

OH damn it. That happened to a friend of mine, I am so sorry! I hate when even a drop of it spills as I am transferring it. I hope it works out that she is not allergic to dairy? Mostly I'm just so sorry!