Friday, April 16, 2010

VomitFest 2010

You know the week is off to a good start when your 3 year old comes running into your classroom. Bud had to go pick her up from daycare because she threw up, he figured she could hang out with him in his room for then next hour, then I was done for the day and could take her home. It was my turn to take a sick day for a sick kid, so I got my lesson plans done for the next day. While I was finishing up, Maddie was puking into my trash can. Awesome.

Also awesome??? Driving home and hearing "I need to throw up". It is super hard to pull over fast and get a kid out of the car seat before vomiting ensues. There should be some sort of emergency ejection button. Anyway, we got home and I got her settled on the couch with a bucket, when WHAM, it hit me and I started throwing up. Yay. At least I already had a sub planned. So Maddie and I took turns puking until Bud got home. Then I went upstairs to vomit in peace. Sadly, we couldn't keep anything down, but we were so so thirsty.

The next morning Bud went and got us our favorite gatorade ( fierce grape, the others taste like crap) at 6 am. When he returned he informed me he had spent good amount of time in the bathroom at the store. Three hours later he was home from work. So two sick parents, one sick child, two other kids who don't give a shit how bad anyone feels, they want dinner.

Sadly, all the dehydration seems to have taken a toll on the milk supply. I haven't pumped at work since mid-February, because I had well over 200 frozen bags in the freezer. Luckily, this has made it possible to just supplement with the frozen stash. However, giving a bottle is a pain in the ass. You don't have a free hand for reading the internet. Or change the channel, or throw things at the cat the insists on caterwauling while you get the baby to sleep.

No comments: