Thursday, April 1, 2010

Getaway

With spring break Bud and I decided we should get a bit of couple time. Mom was willing to watch the kids so Bud made reservations at a local resort for one night. We went to dinner and walked around some shops and mostly got to vistit with each other. Good news: We still like each other and have stuff in common.

But the whole thing was kind of spur of the moment so I forgot to pack:

Shampoo
Conditioner
Comb (seriously)
Moisturizer (my face was so so dry)
Socks ( luckily I brought twelvety hundred pairs of shoes that required socks)


And also my sense of humor/youth. The people next to us were so loud. Apparently when you are 22 you don't need to sleep, ever. At 12:30 we finally called downstairs because of the loud music. This had no effect. At 2:30 we called again, and again didn't seem to bother them. It was frustrating because we just wanted to get some sleep, luckily we finally fell asleep about 3 am, and we slept until 9:30. So it was about the same amount of sleep we get here. Oh well we still had fun. And it is good to know we are THOSE people who will call security on your ass when you are too loud. Officially we are old. I had suspected this.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I am so serious about sleep anymore, I go INSANE if where I go to get it is loud. I moved rooms TWICE one time at a hotel in Chicago because they were noisy. I can't take the idea of it. I'm glad you got away. I am going to do it, soon, as soon as this baby of mine is weaned. :)