Sunday, June 7, 2009

BFF

My very best friend (V) is going through some tough times. We met in high school and have been friends for more than 20 years. Her husband is an alcoholic and she has decided to divorce him. He has become progressively more verbally abusive over the last year. We live about 10 hours apart, and I just got a call from one of her friends. Her husband has been threatening to take their son and make sure she never sees him again. He has also been threatening to kill himself, and making vague threats against her. She is staying with friends tonight, and they have called the police. I wish I had some way of helping her, if I had not just given birth I would go visit her. But I really can't take a new baby (or any child) into that situation, and I can't leave her here because I am the food source. I don't know if V can come out here right now, she will need to talk to her lawyer first. If she can, I think it would be good for her to escape the situation for awhile. I can't imagine what she is feeling right now. She has worked really hard over the last year to improve her life, she has lost almost 70 pounds, she teaches an exercise class, and she has found new hobbies. She was hoping he would want to make some changes for himself, but apparently not. I remember at their reception telling him if he ever hurt her I would kick his ass, apparently I have some ass kicking to do. Maybe it will help get rid of the baby weight.

No comments: