Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year's Quiz

Here are my answers to All and Sundry's New Years Quiz. I don't usually do these, but I thought a bit of self reflection could be fun. I can see I really need to get out a bit more.


1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Became more assertive and direct when dealing with others.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't normally make resolutions, can't fail.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope

4. Did anyone close to you die? We were having twins and lost one.

5. What countries did you visit? None

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More time!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 1st, my Master's paper was due, November 7th found out having twins, then... not so much.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finishing my Masters Degree!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not keeping up on things I enjoy that are just for me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Lots of morning sickness, then a few rounds o' the flu

11. What was the best thing you bought? Bedroom furniture for us.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? So many of my student became active in the election this year. Even though most were too young to vote, they became involved and volunteered in the campaigns (on both sides!)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Many of the adults involved in politics.

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, blah

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The election!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Moose A Moose, Everywhere I Go on Noggin. I can't ever get it out of my head.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Pregnant so definitely fatter. (but great boobs)
c) richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent more time with my husband

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complaining about my paper

20. How did you spend Christmas? With my mom, brother and his family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Just with my husband, I know, cheesy

22. What was your favorite TV program? The Office

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Not really hate, just disgusted.

24. What was the best book you read? Nothing really stands out. Maybe a trip to the library tomorrow.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? That I can't spend $15 on iTunes because I can't make up my mind. It's pathetic

26. What did you want and get? A mandolin slicer. yay

27. What did you want and not get? My box of See's candy.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Hmmmm. I need to get out more often.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? We just had family over for dinner, and I turned 37.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Someone to clean my house so I can focus on the people I love.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I'm suppose to have a fashion concept? How about capri pants hide my thighs?

32. What kept you sane? My husband, truly I would be adrift without him.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Obama

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Education (I'm a teacher)

35. Who did you miss? My in laws, we couldn't make our yearly trip to see them, and I really miss them. They are great people.

36. Who was the best new person you met? We have a new teacher in our department, who could end up being a good friend.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. My husband and I can get through anything, we make a great team, and we should not take that for granted.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Something unpredictable, but in the end it's right"

No comments: